This product review is based on my own personal experience. Keep in mind that it may or may not work for you. Just keep an open mind.
These are not the best wipes I've tried but I still love it for a many of reasons. I've been using my Yes to Cucumbers Natural Glow facial towelettes for a month now and, I just realized I better do a review on it before I ran out. I own 2 packs. I keep one on my vanity table for an easy reach whenever I need to remove my makeup and the other one in my purse to freshen my face during these hot, icky L.A. weather.
I must say that it did a good job in removing my foundation but not so great on my eye makeup. But that won't keep me from loving this product because it gave my face a fresh and clean feeling and I love the fact that I can use it anytime of the day. It's not the best but its really good and I will re purchase.
WHAT: According to the website: "Whether you're out and about, or hanging at home, we want to make sure you don't get the runaround when it comes to keeping your gorgeous face clean. Yes To Cucumbers Natural Glow Facial Towelettes gently remove dirt, sweat and makeup without the need to rinse! It's an exfoliant, detoxifyer and rejuvenater all wrapped up in one on-the-go biodegradable wipe, keeping you free and fresh-faced." (source: yestocarrots.com)
• 98.7% Natural
• Biodegradable & FSC Certified
• Dermatologically & Opthalmologically Tested
• Oil-free, non-comedoenic, hypoallergenic
So it's a facial wipe to cleanse the face and remove makeup without water. I like this idea and that's why I keep a pack in my purse. I can just pull one out, wipe it on my face and neck and instantly feel fresh. Also, it's almost all natural (98.7%) formulated with organic cucumbers to nurture the skin, green tea for antioxidants and aloe vera to soothe the skin.
WHERE: You can purchase it at your local drugstore. I bought mine at Walgreens. Check their website for other locations.
AMOUNT: 30 towelettes.It will last you for about a month or so depending on how much you will use them.
PRICE: $5.99. Its very affordable and you get 30 in a pack.
PACKAGING: It's a cute green container with a snap lid on top. It keeps the wipes from drying out.
INGREDIENTS:Water/Aqua, Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Sodium Benzoate, Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe Vera), Sea Salt /Maris Sal (Dead Sea Mineral Salts), Camelia Sinensis Extract (Organic Green Tea Extract), Cucumis Sativus Extract (Organic Cucumber Extract), Benzoic Acid, Parfum/Fragrance, Xanthan Gum, Dehydroacetic Acid, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Citric Acid
SCENT: It has a strong fragrant to it. It smells really fresh and clean with a hint of cucumbers in my opinion. I really like it but others may find the scent too strong.
SKIN TYPE: It's suitable for all skin types especially for sensitive skin (says on the website). I have oily and non-sensitive skin and, I didn't experience any irritation, redness or breakouts.
Wipes are made from FSC fabric which are 100% biodegradable. They're very sturdy.
- Wipe in circular motion or start from the center of the face moving outward to remove concealer and foundation.
- Gently press the towelette on the eye lids and wipe off the makeup. Don't tug on the eye area, wipe gently.
It did a great job in removing my foundation, concealer and lipstick but it didn't really remove my water proof mascara and gel liner on my eyes. I didn't like that I had to go back and wipe several times or more to remove the eye makeup completely . But this doesn't bother me too much since I usually use an eye makeup remover first then follow it up with a facial wipe.
- It has beneficial ingredients like organic cucumbers, aloe vera, dead sea minerals and green tea.
- It's great for all skin types
- It didn't irritate me my skin/eyes.
- It removed all my foundation.
- It didn't break me out.
- It gave a cooling sensation.
- It felt very clean and fresh.
- Loved the snap lid. It kept the wipes moist.
- Ahhh...it smelled lovely...like fresh and clean scent
- Even though the scent didn't bother me, I feel like it may be too strong for some especially for people with sensitive skin. But then again, it all depends on the person.
- It didn't completely removed my water proof mascara and gel liner. I had to go back and wipe several times to really get rid of it.
FINAL THOUGHTS: So it didn't do an awesome job in removing my eye makeup, but I still love it because it was able to remove the rest of makeup pretty good. It even left my face a cool clean feeling with a fresh cucumber scent. Also, I love how I can use it anytime of the day whenever my face needs a little pick me up. I will definitely re purchase ^_^
Everyday Makeup Blog Verdict: This product is a YAY!
"I think dress, hairstyle and makeup are crucial factors in projecting an attractive persona and give one the chance to enhance one's best physical features." -Vivienne Westwood