This is part 1 of the long and over due review, photos and swatches of the Wet n Wild Mega Shield Lip Color SPF 15. I've been playing and testing them for a couple of days. I have my likes and dislikes and now I'm ready to share my thoughts. I divided the lipsticks into 3 groups with similar colors. This group has pink and peach tones with mostly frosty finishes. They are suitable for people with pale, light to medium skin tones in my opinion. But of course, dark skin tone can wear it too. It's just a matter of preference.
Wet n Wild says, " Color, comfort, and care! Luxurious color delivers hours of sheer-to-moderate coverage that glides on buttery-soft for a smooth, moist-looking pout. Lips are pampered with Vitamin E, Amino Acids, Avocado Oil, and Rice Bran Oil that moisturize and condition for silky, soft comfort. And with SPF 15, lips are cared for and protected from harmful UVB rays." (source: WnWBeauty.com)
What I like:
- Texture. You will fall in love at first application. These apply so smooth and buttery.
- They are soooo moisturizing. I've applied them with or without a lip balm underneath and my lips didn't dry at all.
- They are lightweight. They feel like a lip balm.
- They are super pigmented. I thought they would be sheer because of it's lightweight and creamy texture, but one swipe is all you need to get a good color pay off.
- SPF 15. It's getting hot already and these have SPF 15 to protect your lips from the sun.
- Super affordable, only $2.99
What I don't like:
- I knew I hated the packaging as soon as I tried to open it. It was sealed very tight and the sticker peel took me awhile to take it off. It also left a sticky residue on the tube, which was quite annoying.
- Most of these colors has frosty finish to them. It doesn't compliment my medium skin tone and it accentuate the crease on my lips. I prefer glossy than frosty. But if you like frosty lipsticks, then you will like them.
Swatches with flash
The frosty finish are visible.
Swatches without flash
The frosty finish are less visible.
Lolly Popstar is medium warm pink with frosty finish. It's a gorgeous color, but I don't like it on me.
It's A Girl is a pink color with shimmery finish. I can actually pull of this color, yay!
Within These Adobe is a pink with a hint of peach with glossy finish. I love this color. I can see myself wearing it everyday.
Pink Champagne like what the name says is a pink champagne color with frosty finish. It doesn't do any thing for me. It's a no no!
Peachy Keen is a coppery peach color with shimmery finish. I like the color, but I don't think I'll wear it as much.
Have you tried any of these shades? I would to hear your thoughts!
DISCLOSURE: Products are given to Everyday Makeup blog for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on Everyday Makeup blog are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.