One of the things I hope to do this year is to get back into freelance makeup artistry. No matter how busy I am with work, I really need to find the time to pursue my passion. The first thing I did was update my makeup kit by replacing old makeup with new ones. I got a new foundation palette by MUD or Make-up Designory. I am absolutely in love with it.The palette comes with 8 refillable shades. It has great coverage, creamy texture and has nice semi-matte finish that looks very natural.
Make-up Designory says, "From a sheer natural look to a flawless full-coverage finish, these versatile Cream Foundations are easy to apply and hold up beautifully under the most extreme conditions. Formulated for ultra-smooth blending and application. Find your perfect match and use it alone, or blend colors like the pros to achieve a specific skin tone. Available in 8 refillable colors." (source: www.mudshop.com)
What I like:
- The shade selection. Palette #2 comes with 8 shades from pale, medium to dark with yellow/warm undertone. I am able mix my own shade or use the light and dark shades to high light and contour.
- The texture of the cream foundation is creamy. It's easy to apply. I heard this is a new and improved formula. I've never tried it so I can't compare. This one does not require a lot of effort to warm up and blend. I am able to apply it directly on my face and blend with a foundation brush or beauty blender easily.
- It has a beautiful semi-matte finish. It looks very natural. I love it.
- Amazing coverage. It can be from sheer to full coverage depending on your need. I am able to cover redness, spots, acne and as long as I layer it. It doesn't look cakey and looks quite natural.
- It can last all day/night with a good primer underneath. My face does get a bit shiny at the end of the day, so I just have to blot.
- The packaging is is sturdy and has a bit of weight to it. It also has a big mirror.
- It has 3.5 gm/.13 oz refill pan. That's a decent amount of product. Most foundation palette offers less product than that.
- The price is great. It retails for $99 on the MUDshop.com. Single compact is $28. is You can get it for a lower price is you wait for a sale or if you're a MUD almumni.
What I don't like
- I can't think of anything negative to say about it.
I love the sturdy palette.
Swatches without flash
A. YG 1 B. YG 2 C. YG 3 D. GY 1
E. GY 2 F. GY 3 G. DW 5 H. DC 5
Swatches with flash
My shade is D. GY 1. It matches my medium/tan skin tone perfectly!!!
Overall, I love this palette, and I highly recommend to add in your freelance makeup kit or personal makeup collection. The coverage is great, it's easy to apply and blend and the finish looks natural.
MUD Instagram @makeupdesignory
MUD Facebook Page